dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Jerome: URGENT: need to decide how to resolve this

From: Jakub Podlesak <Jakub.Podlesak_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 10:59:55 +0200

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 01:18:05PM -0700, Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic wrote:
> I was just about to ask whether that would help, Jersey was also interested
> in this...

We simply asked jaxb to be provided as a standalone IPS package, so that
we do not need to depend on the whole metro IPS package, when we need only jaxb jar.

> We could also move jaxb to glassfish-common package which would make it
> available in both web and full distributions...

I still do not understand, why we need to hide certain osgi modules
in ips packages with different names (jaxb in metro, now jaxb in glassfish-something,
jettison in jersey, asm in glassfish-something, ...),
as it IMHO only confuses people and causes situations like we have now.
Why it is not possible to have a.jar provided by a.ips-module?
It should simplify things and make them transparent for everybody.

~Jakub