dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: REVIEW for JavaONE Application Deployment Guide

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 18:43:17 -0700

Hong Zhang wrote:
> Hi, Dixie
> Here are my review comments for the deployment guide:
>
> Preface: Page 27
> Under "The following topics are addressed here"
> Bullet 2 says broken link
>
> Table P-1: Page 28
> "Your First Cup: An Introduction to the JavaEE 6 platform" and "Message
> Queue Release Notes": these are not hyper links (I assume these are
> to-do items)?
>
> Limitation of this release: Page 33
> first paragraph "descriptor based schema generation": I am not sure what
> this meant, we should probably remove this part.
>
> In the list of supported features for full distribution, seems the
> contents here are obsolete: Page 34
> a. Bullet Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) Modules: Certain parts of the EJB
> Module support are included in the web distribution. And also the
> contents of what are supported and what are not seem obsolete. Please
> contact Ken Saks <Kenneth.Saks_at_Sun.COM> for accurate list of EJB
> features included in Web Distribution and Full Distribuion.
> b. Bullets WebServices and SOAP: contact Bhakti Mehta
> <Bhakti.Mehta_at_Sun.COM> for comments. And part of this maybe supported in
> web distribution also.
> c. Bullet Transactions bullets.contact Marina Vatkina
> <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM> for comments.

In the web distribution,global (XA)transactions *are* supported. The decision
was made to always support XA transactions.

Some amount of transaction recovery is supported. Please contact Jagadish
Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM> for the list of supported and not supported
  options.

thanks,
-marina