dev@glassfish.java.net

Sahoo: OSGi problems when upgrading BV to latest source tag

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:46:19 -0400

Hello Sahoo, Team,

I need some help in upgrading bean-validator.jar to the latest source
level from JBoss. I'm stuck.

Let's assume that Nandini will fix the other problem and make the v3
nightly get bundled with the correct bean-validator.jar version. [1]

Now. I have two bean-validator.jar variants. One is [1] and the other
is on my local machine and corresponds to the source tags for JSR-303
1.0 CR2 [2]. When [1] is in the modules directory, v3 starts just
fine. When [2] is in the modules directory v3 does not start.

I modified <osgi/felix/conf/config.properties> to set felix.log.level to
4, but I don't see any messages at all when I have [2] in place.

I have attached a file that contains the jars plus the MANIFEST.MF
files, and also, most importantly, a diff between the manifest files.

Sahoo, can you please help? At the very least, can you tell me how I
can better debug this? I suspect it's that some of the things now
needed by bean-validator.jar are not OSGi modules. Can you confirm my
suspicion?

Thanks,

Ed

[1] http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/glassfish/bean-validator/3.0-JBoss-4.0.0.Alpha3-b01/bean-validator-3.0-JBoss-4.0.0.Alpha3-b01.jar