dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: wrong BV jar in weekly and promoted builds

From: Nandini Ektare <Nandini.Ektare_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:04:58 -0700

Hi Jane,

Jane Young wrote:
> Thanks to Snjezana for looking in to this and explaining what's going on.
>
> The reason why bean-validator, version 4.0.0.Alpha3 is getting
> included is because of hk2 dependency.
> The hk2 artifact has a dependency on the older version of
> bean-validator therefore the artfiact is included in the following
> packages: glassfish-hk2 and glassfish-scripting (transitive
> dependency). The package glassfish-nucleus includes the correct
> bean-validator version, 3.0-JBoss-4.0.0.Alpha3-b01. The non-IPS
> distribution uses "unzip" to extract the packages. The first package
> that gets unzip takes precedences and that happens to be
> glassfish-nucleus.
> On the other hand, the IPS distribution uses pkg tool to install the
> packages. The last package, glassfish-scripting take precedences thus
> overriding the correct version of bean-validator artifact.
>
> The fix is to correct the version for bean-validator in hk2.
> Nandini, can you fix this?
I have committed the hk2/config/pom.xml with the new version.
Unfortunately this means, the original problem still prevails.

I had tried the 'RELEASE' string you had suggested to enable the
automatic syncup. That did not succeed and you already
have that error stack I had sent to you yesterday morning. As decided,
I will wait for you to fix the issue and then make
that string change in the hk2/config/pom.xml

Thanks for your help in fixing this.
Nandini