dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: wrong BV jar in weekly and promoted builds

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:34:25 -0700

Thanks to Snjezana for looking in to this and explaining what's going on.

The reason why bean-validator, version 4.0.0.Alpha3 is getting included
is because of hk2 dependency.
The hk2 artifact has a dependency on the older version of bean-validator
therefore the artfiact is included in the following packages:
glassfish-hk2 and glassfish-scripting (transitive dependency). The
package glassfish-nucleus includes the correct bean-validator version,
3.0-JBoss-4.0.0.Alpha3-b01. The non-IPS distribution uses "unzip" to
extract the packages. The first package that gets unzip takes
precedences and that happens to be glassfish-nucleus.
On the other hand, the IPS distribution uses pkg tool to install the
packages. The last package, glassfish-scripting take precedences thus
overriding the correct version of bean-validator artifact.

The fix is to correct the version for bean-validator in hk2.
Nandini, can you fix this?

Thanks,
Jane