dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Jerome: URGENT: need to decide how to resolve this (was: Re: Sahoo: OSGi problems when upgrading BV to latest source tag)

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:02:32 -0400

JD> I am not sure I understand what the initial problem is.
JD> first you seem to suggest we just need to modify the felix.properties
JD> and then you want to add a bundles (with what content exactly ?) to
JD> the web distribution only.

JD> are u trying to override the JAXB APis from the JDK to run BV ?

JD> could you clarify ?

Of course, but this is why I wanted a voice meeting.

The problem is that JSR-303 version 1.0 CR2 now has dependencies on
javax.xml.bind and javax.xml.bind.annotation. The current configuration
for the web distribution does not expose these packages via OSGi.

However you want to fix that problem is fine with me, but we need to
decide fast because JSR-303 version 1.0 CR2 has binary contract changes
that impact JSF 2.0, which also needs to be in by the 4 May deadline.

Does that help?