dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: What is the correct way to start admin console?

From: Ken Paulsen <Ken.Paulsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:30:43 -0700

Hi Jan,

I'm fine with your suggestion, but have an additional question about
this. When the admingui.war file exists as part of the distribution (as
it does today), we only show status screens and the user waits until the
eventual 404 or 200. In this case, the status page(s) can return a 202
as you've suggested instead of 200.

However, when the admingui.war needs to be downloaded, we ask for
permission (and possibly proxy information). Should this screen which
gathers input also return a 202? I guess it probably should. Let me
know what you think.

Thanks,

Ken