dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: exception while debugging

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:44:42 -0400

Salut,

Tim Quinn wrote:
> Hi, Jennifer.
>
> I've seen this occasionally too. I am not sure, but i think it happens
> when I take a really long time in the debugger and Grizzly seems to grow
> tired of waiting for the request/response exchange to complete between
> the admin CLI and the admin adapter.

Yes it could be, but it really looks like the client closed the
connection...but yes with v3, to avoid thousand of "GF Hangs" emails
because of a lock on jdbc/connection pool or whatever the server is
executing we are now timing out threads. When grizzly-config got
integrated recently the timeout value dropped from unlimited (with
debug-true) to 5 minutes (Justin has fixed it yesterday I think). The
default are:

debug true: unlimited
debug false: 15 minutes (too long IMO, but :-))

> Jean-Francois, is that a possibility?

Actually it's the client that closed the connection before Grizzly got a
chance to write its response.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois