dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: why does Glassfish V3 not respond in 90 seconds during startup

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:46:32 -0700

On 4/28/09 6:15 PM, Jonathan Benoit wrote:
> i see only one instance of server running. the server started as
> shown by the process id output below. why did it take so long to
> start as to have to display this message,
Something is wrong in your env...other processes using ports, network
setup error (highly possible, causing long timeouts), env variables,
file corruption, zip install corruption, bad build, cosmic dust, memory
error, whatever...
> and what does one expect to see in server.log to confirm that server
> started when we do see this 90 second message?
for example: INFO: GlassFish v3 startup time : Felix(4181ms) startup
services(3696ms) total(7877ms)
or use the server (admin server, cli, ...) to see if you really have a
responding server.
I see no problems with my private builds, so look elsewhere than the
server itself.
Sometimes, a reboot helps.
Also, jdk1.6.04 is quite old:-)
Ludo