dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: build warnings

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:49:48 -0700

On Apr 28, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:

> I get all kinds of warnings when I build v3. Does anyone care about
> these?
>
> [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
> invocation.
>
> What the heck does that mean? And is there a way to get rid of it?
>

> [WARNING] Warning in manifest for org.glassfish:javax.xml.soap:jar:
> 3.0-SNAPSHOT : Superfluous export-package instructions:
> [javax.xml.soap.*]
> [WARNING] Warning in manifest for org.glassfish:javax.xml.soap:jar:
> 3.0-SNAPSHOT : Did not find matching referal for *
I am guessing it's coming from BND when we have a package specified in
the osgi.bundle file that is actually not part of the module. This
could come when folks copied that file from another project but did
not change the osgi.bundle file correctly

> Lots of warnings similar to the above. Do these reflect bugs?
> Laziness?

not a bug so it has to be the other explanation :)

> [WARNING] Ignoring project type pom - supportedProjectTypes = [hk2-
> jar, bundle]
>
> Isn't that a bug in some pom file?
that seems a bit more worrisome, I think Jane should look at that.

> [WARNING] Ignoring project type distribution-fragment -
> supportedProjectTypes = [hk2-jar, bundle]
looks like an left over from last integration from Snezana, We moved
away from distribution fragments all together, it's probably not
causing a bug, but we need to fix that.

> Ditto?
>

> [WARNING] Warning in manifest for org.glassfish.external:ldapbp-
> repackaged:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT : Superfluous export-package
> instructions: [*]
> [WARNING] Warning in manifest for org.glassfish.external:ldapbp-
> repackaged:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT : Did not find matching referal for !
> com.sun.jndi.ldap
> [WARNING] Warning in manifest for org.glassfish.external:ldapbp-
> repackaged:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT : Did not find matching referal for !
> com.sun.jndi.toolkit.corba
> [WARNING] Warning in manifest for org.glassfish.external:ldapbp-
> repackaged:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT : Did not find matching referal for !
> com.sun.security.sasl.preview
> [WARNING] Warning in manifest for org.glassfish.external:ldapbp-
> repackaged:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT : Did not find matching referal for !
> com.sun.security.sasl.util
> [WARNING] Warning in manifest for org.glassfish.external:ldapbp-
> repackaged:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT : Did not find matching referal for *
>
> Aren't these all bugs?
same as (1), we probably have osgi.bundle referencing packages which
are not part of the module.

> Goal prefix is specified as: 'gf'. Maven currently expects it to be
> 'glassfishbuild'.
not sure about that one. I will look if I see it as well.