dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: el-api.jar and jsp-api.jar missing from nightly build

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:00:47 -0700

OK, I checked and I think that the reason for this is that these two
jars are marked as optional dependencies in
javaee-api\javax.servlet.jsp\pom.xml. Packager distribution assembly is
more strictly enforcing compile/runtime dependencies than current
distributions pom.xml, so these jars get excluded from dependency
resolution.

Is there any particular reason these are marked "optional"?

Thanks,

Snjezana