dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: pom.xml for review (javamail)

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:00:42 -0700

Sahoo wrote:
> The change looks good, but if you can make another change that will be
> better.
>
> Add javax.mail dependency under <dependencyManagement> in v3/pom.xml
> so that you don't have to specify the version in javax.mail/pom.xml
> and there by the version information is not scattered.

Ok, that makes sense. Given the lateness of the hour, I'd prefer to
make the improvement you suggest as an MS3 task. If I understand what
you are suggesting, it will merely make the build more maintainable, but
not actually change anything in how it works and thus is not required
for MS2.

Since I've already performed all testing on the change I submitted, I
don't know that there is time to redo that effort before the midnight
deadline and it does not seem to be necessary.

So I will check this change in as-is for MS2 and as soon as the
repository is open for MS3 commits, I'll resubmit with the dependency
change you are suggesting.

-Peter