dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: javadocs?

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 16:25:47 -0700

On 4/2/09 3:54 PM, Jane Young wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the tip. Javadocs files are down considerably by
> excluding "com.*" and "org.*" packages.
>
> The issue now is posting it to java.net. It takes forever publishing
> the javadocs using CVS. "cvs add" and "cvs commit" stall and after a
> few hours, "Broken Pipe" message displayed. Unfortunately, this is
> the only way to publish to java.net site.
> I spoke to Kohsuke and he suggested to publish javadocs to another
> external location (not java.net). It'll makes future publishing
> easier and browsing will be faster since it's not via "https" and
> "java.net". So I have requested the external DNS name,
> "javadoc.glassfish.org". It will take few days to get this setup.
> Sorry that it's taking this long.

Maybe just pushing a zip for these docs wold be enough...
Again, the 2 main usages are 1/ online and 2/ bundled in an IDE
(NetBeans Eclipse) where it can be both exploded for inline viewing and
also Java Code Completion Helpers)...
A zip would be needed for 2/ which I hope will be the main consumer of
the docs.
Also people can download the zip, explode it and look at it locally,
without IDEs..

Ludo