dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: please review pom.xml changes for JSR 77 module

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:57:34 -0700

Sahoo,

Yes, this is really true and Jerome is in the loop. The decision can
be revisited of course.

In the end, there are no changes at all to the standard classes,
except that we define them elsewhere and then extend eg:

package javax.management.j2ee.statistics;
public interface ServletStats extends
org.glassfish.j2ee.statistics.ServletStats {
}

This allows any momdule to use effectively the same interfaces, but
without a dependency on javax.ejb.

We are between a rock and a hard place here: we want to use Stats and
Statistics, but this is not acceptable because of the dependency on
javax.ejb in javax.management.j2ee.

No implementation is involved in Stats and Statistics.

As another point, I just discovered that there is already a
javax.management.j2ee module under admin currently. I was not aware
of this, I thought it had been removed prior to prelude.

Lloyd