dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: question about "Checking in changes for JDK6 compilation" fix to GFv2UR1

From: Siraj Ghaffar <Siraj.Ghaffar_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:52:25 -0400

Hi Dies,
Thanks for reporting this issue. This change does not affect the basic
GlassFish registration functionality. It involves transfer of
servicetags to a different xml file, in case a sysnet utility is
installed after the user has installed and registered GlassFish. With
most products going for web-based registration, the usage and importance
of this utility has become relatively insignificant.

That said, it would be still be better to forward port this change into
2.1-next.

Thanks
--Siraj