dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Related to <thread-pools> in domain.xml

From: Kenneth Saks <Kenneth.Saks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:50:39 -0400

On Mar 11, 2009, at 7:37 PM, Kedar Mhaswade wrote:

> Kenneth Saks wrote:
>> On Mar 11, 2009, at 7:18 PM, Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>>> Ken and others,
>>>
>>> My understanding has been that we have a thread pool defined in
>>> <thread-pools> element in domain.xml used by an ORB. Other than
>>> its use in <orb>, is there a place where a thread-pool defined
>>> in <thread-pools> is used?
>> (Not the Ken you were looking for , but...)
>
> Thanks for your response, Ken S.
>> Yes, we have an ejb feature that lets the user assign a particular
>> thread pool
>> for all the remote invocations on a particular bean. I believe
>> thread pools are also
>> used by the connector runtime code in support of the work manager
>> contracts.
>
> Do you know where these things are configured? For example, for orb a
> particular thread-pool is used as use-thread-pool-id attribute.
> What about EJB

We might both be referring to the same thing. There's an element in
sun-ejb-jar.xml
called use-thread-pool-id. The value is set by the ejb container on
the underlying
remote object associated with the bean. The value is used by the orb
since it's their
code that's choosing threads to handle the remote invocations.

I don't know whether there's some other orb-related thread-pool usage.

> and connectors?

Don't know. Isn't there an admin API for retrieving the thread pools
that are defined
in domain.xml? Maybe just search for usages.