dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Related to <thread-pools> in domain.xml

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:45:00 -0700

Kenneth Saks wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2009, at 7:37 PM, Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>

>> Kenneth Saks wrote:

>>> (Not the Ken you were looking for , but...)
>>
>> Thanks for your response, Ken S.
>>> Yes, we have an ejb feature that lets the user assign a particular
>>> thread pool
>>> for all the remote invocations on a particular bean. I believe
>>> thread pools are also
>>> used by the connector runtime code in support of the work manager
>>> contracts.
>>
>> Do you know where these things are configured? For example, for orb a
>> particular thread-pool is used as use-thread-pool-id attribute.
>> What about EJB
>
> We might both be referring to the same thing.

OK. I hope it is the same thread-pool.

  There's an element in
> sun-ejb-jar.xml
> called use-thread-pool-id. The value is set by the ejb container on the
> underlying
> remote object associated with the bean. The value is used by the orb
> since it's their
> code that's choosing threads to handle the remote invocations.

This is a little weird in that we refer to something in domain.xml from
within sun-ejb-jar.xml, by name.

> I don't know whether there's some other orb-related thread-pool usage.

>> and connectors?
>
> Don't know. Isn't there an admin API for retrieving the thread pools
> that are defined
> in domain.xml? Maybe just search for usages.

That would only tell me how runtime accesses the data in domain.xml.
My question was regarding creating/deleting/listing the thread pools
created.

Also, since the server is now being more modular, we need to have someone
who owns the configuration of these thread-pools.

-Kedar