dev@glassfish.java.net

do ear files deploy?

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:29:48 -0800

I have a Java EE 5 ear file with a single web app inside.

The ear does not have an application.xml file in it.

When I try to use 'asadmin deploy <complete name of ear file>' I run
into this error message:

> bin/asadmin deploy --upload=false
/export/home/vkraemer/NetBeansProjects/EnterpriseApplication182/dist/EnterpriseApplication182.ear
remote failure: Error while expanding jar file : java.io.IOException:
error in opening zip file -- invalid zip file:
jar:/var/tmp/deploy2452004777351166463jar

Command deploy failed.

If I directory deploy the app from NB 6.7 it appears to work...

I am very confused by the fact that asadmin is trying to open a file in
/var/tmp... I had set --upload to false. I guess the server is trying
to unzip the embedded war file?

Thanks,
vbk