dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: deployment of ear files works or no?

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:38:44 -0500

Hi, Vince
   I have checked in the support for the optional application.xml:
   1. For archive deployment, the suffix .ear will be used to recognize
the archive.
   2. For directory deployment, the sub modules are expected to be in
subdirectory forms of "_war", "_rar" etc.We had to add this rule as
there is just no good way to tell whether it's an ear or not in
directory deployment case. We could also add a --type option in the
deploy command to remove the ambiguity if desired.

  Thanks,

- Hong