dev@glassfish.java.net

What is Prelude?

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:34:55 -0700

Hi.

I am reading through the manifest files for the jars that are in the
modules directory and I am a bit confused.

It seem like some of the jars that define APIs are claiming to be
previews of the next round of Java EE specs... not Java EE 5.

Here is an example of what I mean;

In
.../glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/modules/javax.security.jacc-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
, the Bundle-Name is "javax.security.jacc API v.1.2"....
  It seems like this should read "javax.security.jacc API V1.1", if
Prelude is a Java EE 5 server.

There are some other examples, too.

.../glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/modules/javax.resource-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
: javax.resource API v.1.6-alpha

.../glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/modules/javax.servlet-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
: javax.servlet API v.3.0

I am also puzzled by the lack of any jar with a Bundle-Name entry that
would seem to correspond to JSF 1.2.

Is there a simple explanation for the situation?

Are there going to be further changes in this area, that will "finish"
before we release Prelude?

Thanks,
vbk