dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] logging reorg - do we need to change osgi.bundle for modules that now hold LogStrings.properties?

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:53:00 -0700

Tim Quinn wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Perhaps this has already been answered, but if so I have forgotten and
> have not found a relevant message.
>
> When we move a LogStrings.properties file into a module, if the
> package where the file resides has not already been listed in the
> module's osgi.bundle file, do we need to add that package to
> osgi.bundle's -exportcontents expression?
>
> If we don't how will the LogDomains find it when it looks for it?

it falls back to the case whether or not all the code using that logger
instance resides in the same module or not. If not, you need to add it
the export-list. Put it another way : if any Class instances you pass to
the getLogger API all come from the bundle containing the properties,
you have nothing to do.

jerome