dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 start up is silent even when there is port conflicts

From: Rajiv Mordani <rajiv.mordani_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:28:54 -0700

That's what Jerome also said - if it is an instance of GlassFish that
you started and then try to run again then you get the error. However if
you have something else - like Tomcat running on port 8080 that does not
use 4848 in any way then you don't see this error (assuming of course
that the http listener port for GlassFish is also 8080).

- Rajiv