dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [GFv3] Keep .properties file in resources dir instead of java dir

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:16:11 -0700

Carla Mott wrote:
> I started down that path when I moved a few of the
> LogStrings.properties files but noticed that in the pom.xml the
> resources element was pointing to the src/main/java directory.
> looking under that dir you may find LocalStrings.properties files or
> other resource files. It seems that different modules do things
> differently.
>
> This doesn't answer why it's done the way it is but this is why I
> continued with the current strategy.
we shouldn't continue in that strategy, it was like this in v2 and we
did not disrupt it when moving the code (that's why we had to had
entries in the pom.xml).

maven practices is saying we should move those resources into
src/main/resources

each module should do it at its pace, now when moving and adding, it's a
good time to pick up good habits.
at the very least, we shouldn't find them in both places... once you
start moving/adding please move all of them.

Jerome