dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: lopsidedness of domaindir usage?

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:58:46 -0700

With embedded API, we definitely want something like,
GlassfishConfigurator or something like that which can be used by the
users of embedded API,

for example:

AppServer as = new AppServer() //BTW, why did we change the name from
GlassFish to AppServer?

as.configurator().addJdbcResource();
as.configurator().createJdbcConnectionPool();

Without such API embedded API can not be considered complete. Specially,
glassfish gem for Rails app, need such API access. I am not sure if I
can use the admin RESTful webservice to create JDBC connection pool or
create JDBC resource.

-vivek.