dev@glassfish.java.net

lopsidedness of domaindir usage?

From: Rochelle Raccah <Rochelle.Raccah_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:48:52 -0700

Another question from my experiences in trying to get domaindir support
added to the glassfish plugin for eclipse....

Assume I have a domain in /Users/rochelle/mydomains/domainMine

Using start-domain/stop-domain/list-domains, the domaindir expects the
directory which is parent of the domain:

./asadmin start-domain --domaindir /Users/rochelle/mydomains domainMine
./asadmin stop-domain --domaindir /Users/rochelle/mydomains domainMine
./asadmin list-domains --domaindir /Users/rochelle/mydomains domainMine

I believe I've tried all of these in both V2 and V3.

In V3, I also have the option of using java -jar, but domaindir now
expects it to have the domain name in both places! This does not work:
java -jar
/Users/rochelle/glassfishv3-M1/glassfish/modules/glassfish-10.0-V3-PRELUDE-M1-SNAPSHOT.jar
  --domaindir /Users/rochelle/mydomains --domain domainMine

This does work:
java -jar
/Users/rochelle/glassfishv3-M1/glassfish/modules/glassfish-10.0-V3-PRELUDE-M1-SNAPSHOT.jar
  --domaindir /Users/rochelle/mydomains/domainMine --domain domainMine

Is this difference in how to specify domaindir intentional? If so, why?
I found it extremely confusing...

Thanks,
Rochelle