dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 build error: org.glassfish.web:web-ajp:jar:10.0-SNAPSHOT download fails

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:45:02 +0530

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> Salut,
>
> Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic wrote:
>> Yes, it is a known issue.
>>
>> I just commented out the change which introduced this regression so
>> please update you workspace and rebuild...
>
> Can someone explain why it is not working :-)
Most likely because you configured maven-bundle-plugin as an
*extension*. I don't understand why it affects, but I have wasted a lot
of time to realize that hk2 plugn and maven-bundle-plugin can't both be
configured with extensions=true in the same reactor. e.g., see this
comment that I had put it in distributions/external/asm-all/pom.xml:

    <!-- Don't use bundle packaging. There are issues in using
         maven-bundle-plugin and hk2-maven-plugin together -->
    <packaging>jar</packaging>

You should not have configured maven-bundle-plugin in web-ajp/pom.xml. I
saw that first time, you decided to use osgi.bundle, but later on you
removed it. All you should have done was to separate package names using
commas (",") as opposed to spaces.

Now I have made necessary changes and web-ajp is now part of web.zip.

Thanks,
Sahoo