dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3] Feature Freeze: Thank you and Next Steps

From: Abhijit Kumar <Abhijit.Kumar_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:51:52 -0700

Folks,

We have reached the feature freeze for GlassFish v3 Prelude release. In
a short span of time, not only we implemented several new features but
also created functional specifications and went through architecture and
community review and created a stable build b15b that was released with
NetBeans 6.5 beta. Thank you very much for your hard work on reaching
this important milestone for GlassFish v3.

Now, on to the next steps.

GlassFish v3 workspace is now closed.

The build and release team will work on creating a promoted build. We
will identify the critical issues that need to be fixed before the
promotion and will allow limited check-ins to fix those issues. We
expect to reopen the workspace by friday (08/15).

Our next milestone is "Hard Code Freeze" on Sep 08, 2008. The goal is to
fix all P1-P3 bugs by then. We do have a backlog of bugs and this is a
good time to start scrubbing your bugs. Here is the link to open bugs --

Open P1-P3 Defects
<https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/buglist.cgi?Submit+query=Submit+query&issue_type=DEFECT&component=glassfish&issue_status=UNCONFIRMED&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&priority=P1&priority=P2&&priority=P3&version=V3&email1=&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=exact&emailreporter2=1&issueidtype=include&issue_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=fulltext&long_desc=&long_desc_type=fulltext&issue_file_loc=&issue_file_loc_type=fulltext&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=fulltext&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time>

We will be starting weekly bugswat meetings to prioritize the defects
next week (of course the meetings will become more frequent as we get
closer to hard code freeze date).

And, of course as we get freed up from v3 Prelude release, we will start
our work on v3 release based on Java EE 6. We will create a branch for
the Prelude release as soon as some of you free up to start your work on
that release and will open up the trunk for work on Java EE 6 features.

Thanks,

Abhijit