dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] Is anyone using thread-pools?

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:56:50 -0700

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
> I see the following snippet in domain.xml:
>
> <thread-pools> <thread-pool thread-pool-id="thread-pool-1"
> min-thread-pool-size="0" max-thread-pool-size="200" i
> dle-thread-timeout-in-seconds="120" num-work-queues="1"/>
> </thread-pools>
>
> Is anything in v3 runtime using this snippet?
>
> I am planning on removing this from Prelude's web-bundle default
> domain.xml.

It may be OK to remove this from prelude, but isn't that the XML that
configures the
ORB threadpool that is shared by EJB, the ORB, and (I think) connectors?
At some point, we need to get everything (including Grizzly and any
others I don't
know about) using the same Threadpool. Certainly once Mahesh integrates all
of remote EJB support, we need to configure a threadpool.

Ken.