dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin create-http-listener "create failed"

From: Byron Nevins <Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:41:10 -0700
You most definitely can not use "=" unless someone else has changed  cli framework to support it.

Amy,

Run asadmin in debug mode immediately when you see anything wrong with asadmin.

export AS_DEBUG=true

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
Is there any message in the server.log?

BTW, the introduction of '=' between name and value of an option
on asadmin command line is new (AFAIK). The V2 syntax
is --name value. I presume we are now supporting both the syntaxes?

-Kedar

Amy Roh wrote:
I can no longer asadmin create-http-listener

====
...glassfish\bin\asadmin create-http-listener --listeneraddress=0.0.0.0 --listenerport=9090 --defaultvs=server test-listener

test-listener create failed.

Command create-http-listener executed successfully.
===

The listener does not get created (note conflicting messages above).  I don't observe any events getting generated either.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Amy