dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] Can we use JDK 5 to build V3 ?

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:32:45 -0500

Hi, Ken.

I am having a similar discussion with Sahoo about whether the
gui-plugin-common module should be versioned of a snapshot. The web GUI
plug-in will share this module with the web container and so will evolve
"jointly" with the plug-in and the container.

This is a little bit different situation from what you are describing
because in contrast to the GUI itself, I would think the web plug-in and
the web container should evolve together.

Building the gui-plugin-common module as a snapshot is easier in some
respects. Are we setting ourselves up for problems down the road by
following that approach, do you think?

- Tim