dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Redeploying a web app from IntelliJ throws exception

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 14:57:01 -0500

Hi, Arun.

The deploy operation (in v2 and v3) has allowed the user to specify
whether to "force" the deployment of an app if that app name is already
deployed. In v3 currently the default is "force=false" which means you
want the server to reject attempts to redeploy an app. (The thinking is
that this is safer - that the user has to take explicit action to
replace a previously-deployed app of the same name.)

In v2 the default (in the CLI at least) was force=true. You might have
them check this aspect of their plug-in explicitly, although the problem
could be something else entirely.

- Tim