dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] Still having problems w/ deploy

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:05:39 -0700

I am not sure. This code has not changed in ages (that doesn't
mean it's not buggy).

I believe this should be set to the machine's physical name while
GlassFish starts. Setting this to "localhost" is not a good idea because
then server itself can't tell anyone else what machine it's running on.

JF has reported something on this. I am sorry, I have hard time following
what's going wrong and what problem is being uncovered by his recent
(last week) change.

There definitely is a problem with what asadmin sends as the host header
while doing a remote command. For example, when I do:

asadmin list-commands, or
asadmin deploy (or any other command)

*without* specifying the --host, the http "host" header must
be "localhost:port". But on my machine it sends
"kedar-mhaswades-macbook-pro.local:8080", which might be
the source of the problem. If someone knowledgeable here thinks
that this is the problem, try to do the following:

asadmin deploy *--host localhost*

Please let me know if this works (for those who are seeing this
problem).

Regards,
Kedar