dev@glassfish.java.net

build failure, of course

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:24:01 -0700

Is it time for a separate build_at_glassfish.dev.java.net to handle the
nearly constant build failure discussions?

Now that I've gotten confirmation that the java.net svn certificate was
purposely updated recently, and I've accepted the new certificate, I'm
now able to start up my automated nightly builds again. Here's last
night's failure. (Note that the build does "svn update; mvn clean;
mvn -U install".)

[WARNING] Warning building bundle
org.glassfish.external:apache-commons:jar:10.0-SNAPSHOT : Superfluous
export-package instructions: [*]
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Error retrieving checksum file for
org/glassfish/web/web-core/10.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml - IGNORING
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Unable to read local copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata from
'/cache/tmp/v3/.m2/repository/org/glassfish/web/web-core/10.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata-maven2.java.net-backup.xml':
only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not 2 (position:
START_DOCUMENT seen 2... @1:1)
   org.glassfish.web:web-core:jar:10.0-SNAPSHOT

Path to dependency:
        1) org.glassfish.web:web-glue:hk2-jar:10.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.glassfish.web:web-core:jar:10.0-SNAPSHOT

The referenced file has this at the beginning:

236f
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/x
html1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

Is there some corruption somewhere?

Of course, the solution to all these problems is always to remove the
local maven repository and try again. So I removed my .m2 directory
and ran "mvn clean". I get:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish/org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
Downloading: http://maven.dyndns.org/glassfish//org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/glassfish/pom/2/pom-2.pom
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR

Project ID: org.glassfish:glassfish-parent:pom:10.0-SNAPSHOT

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.glassfish:pom for project:
org.glassfish:glassfish-parent:pom:10.0-SNAPSHOT for project
org.glassfish:glassfish-parent:pom:10.0-SNAPSHOT

and then a bunch more errors. So now I can't even run "mvn clean"!!!

What should I do now?!?