dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [GFv3] Unstable build: don't refresh your workspace now

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 23:13:11 +0530

I have just been told that it's going to take some time (expected by
Tuesday morning - US time) address the issues in the build system. In
the mean while, if you wish to build v3, the following procedure should
work:

1. Check out and build jsp project using latest hk2:
svn co https://jsp.dev.java.net/svn/jsp/trunk jsp/trunk
JAVA_HOME=<path to JDK 1.6> mvn -f jsp/trunk/pom.xml install
-Dhk2.version=0.3.8 -Dhk2.plugin.version=0.3.8

2. Update v3:
cd <v3 dir>
svn up

3. Build javaee-api:
mvn -f javaee-api/pom.xml clean install

Sometimes the above command fails while building the last module (i.e.,
javax.javaee module) because of what I think is a JDK bug (6713913). If
that happens, just try building javax.javaee separately.

4. Build v3:
mvn -f ./pom.xml clean install

Thanks,
Sahoo