dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] New build failure...

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:18:40 +0530

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
> Sahoo,
>
> It's mvn -U, right?
Yes.

> If I understand it correctly, build system is forcing us to do
> an mvn -U (go get the latest plugins from maven repo.s) for one
> dependency. This may be an unfortunate outcome of maven based
> builds, but don't you think it's going to take time (like Amy says).
No, it's not a problem with build system. You are making an assumption
that you can work by refreshing only v3 workspace which has SNAPSHOT
dependency on jsp-impl project. You won't have seen the issue if you had
checked out jsp-impl project and rebuilt it before building v3.

> Also, deleting a particular folder in ~/.m2 for a particular
> SNAPSHOT dependency (like Shing Wai suggests) -- you have to
> only "know" it or remember it. Is this because of dependence on
> SNAPSHOTs?
Yes for both of them. We have separated jsp-impl from v3 and it gives an
impression that it can evolve independently from v3, but that's not
true. So, depending on SNAPSHOTs makes sense now.

Thanks,
Sahoo

> -Kedar
>
> Sahoo wrote:
>> Kedar,
>>
>> I guess you did not run "mvn -u," did you? Every time you refresh
>> your workspace, you must run "mvn -u." See [1].
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sahoo
>>
>> [1]
>> http://www.nabble.com/-GFv3--Using-outdated-SNAPSHOTs-causing-build-issues-tt18453775.html#a18453775
>>

>> Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>>> 0- Don't delete ~/.m2
>>> 1- Checkout v3 and hk2 source *afresh* on the trunk.