dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3] OSGi bundles packaged with a .war

From: Ken Paulsen <Ken.Paulsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:54:41 -0700

Jerome,

In our admin console app, we will require some OSGi bundles specific to
our application. These bundles may also be referenced by plugins to our
application. jsftemplating, dataprovider are two that exist today, but
I am planning to add a "admin console core" bundle and some other
existing jars may get repackaged.

Question: Where should these sit in GF v3?

Currently I am placing them in the "modules" directory which works fine
and perhaps is the right place. However, do we want to support a place
inside a .war file for easier packaging? For example:

    WEB-INF/lib/* <-- normal jar files
    WEB-INF/modules/* <-- OSGi bundles

I know we've talked about this a couple times in the past, but I'd like
to come to a decision.

Thanks!!

Ken Paulsen