dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: public API to get version string for GlassFish v3 ...

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:23:43 -0700

Kedar,

I started working on this for Prelude. The idea is to expose the api,
exactly the way you suggetsed.

The idea is to expose
common/glassfish-api/src/main/java/org/glassfish/api/branding/Branding
interface which exposes the methods similar to current Version class.

Branding is also a contract and the Service implementation corresponding
to this interface will be avialbale thru habitat, for ex.
habitat.getByContract(Branding.class). The Branding interface will be
implemented for a distribution and made available under glassfish/modules.

Pl. let me know if you have any comments.

thanks
sreeni