dev@glassfish.java.net

public API to get version string for GlassFish v3 ...

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:01:17 -0700

In GlassFish V2, appserv-ext.jar used to contain a class,
com.sun.appserv.util.server.Version.class. This class had
public static methods relating the server's version. This jar
was documented to be the public API of GlassFish V2.

I see that this class is now available in v3/common/common-util.

Is it going to be placed in appserv-ext.jar for v3 as well?
At the moment, it is placed in modules/common-util-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar,
which I don't is a public interface of v3.

Thus, is appserv-ext.jar and the above class going to remain
a public interface in v3 as well?

If yes, shouldn't this class be moved from v3/common/common-util
to v3/common-util/glassfish-api?

If not, what's the alternative?

Regards,
Kedar