dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: QL failures

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:56:25 -0700

so the javax.javaee has been changed to now be an empty jar file which
relies on the manifest CLASSPATH attribute to reference the individual
technologies API jar files like servlet-api.jar. Now I don't
understands why this is not working in JDK6 as it should certainly
honor the CLASSPATH attribute. My guess is that the javac embedded API
that we use in JDK6 does not...

this needs to be confirmed with the JDK folks and see if there is a
workaround. If not, that would be mean that the GlassFish code that
triggers the embedded javac invocation would need to dig out the javax-
javaee.jar manfiest classpath information and construct the path itself.

Kin Man, can check with the jdk folks that indeed the jar manifest
classpath is ignored when using the embedded javac.

Thank, jerome

On Jul 10, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Kin-man Chung wrote:

> The classpath for javac is passed by web container to Jasper, and it
> contains javax.javaee-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, which does not contain the
> necessary servlet and jsp API's. Hence the error. (Not sure why it
> work for JDK 5).
>
> Not sure if this a prbolem with javax.javaee-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, or
> with
> the way this calcuated in the container.
>
> -Kin-man
>
> Bhakti Mehta wrote:
>> FYI This seems to be happening with just jdk6.
>> Regards,
>> Bhakti
>> Bhakti Mehta wrote:
>>> Hong,
>>> I agree. My build was still going on so I downloaded http://hudson.sfbay/view/GFv3/job/glassfish-v3/
>>> last successful build and can get 4 errors
>>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6033: Unable to compile
>>> class for JSP
>>>
>>> PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
>>> string:///hello_jsp.java:3: package javax.servlet does not exist
>>>
>>> PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
>>> string:///hello_jsp.java:4: package javax.servlet.http does not
>>> exist
>>>
>>> PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
>>> string:///hello_jsp.java:5: package javax.servlet.jsp does not exist
>>>
>>> PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
>>> string:///hello_jsp.java:7: cannot access
>>> javax.servlet.jsp.HttpJspPage