dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish JRuby Connector Status Update

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 18:25:35 -0700

0.6.7 version of GlassFish JRuby connector is now released. If anyone is
facing problem releasing from a Mac machine, then
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-02/0380.shtml provides more
details. As always, Kohsuke helped me debug/release :)

However when I specify 0.6.7 in the main pom.xml then the generated
web.zip contains jruby-all-0.6.7.pom in the modules directory (instead
of jar). If I use the original pom.xml (which specifies 0.6.6) the jruby
connector is not even bundled in the modules directory. Any pointers on
why this is occurring would be useful ?

Once this is fixed, then three tasks need to happen:

1). Update jruby version number from 0.6.6 to 0.6.7 (in the main pom.xml
and elsewhere)

2). Uncomment JRuby distribution in distribution/web/pom.xml and create
a bundle. I recommend that it NOT be commented without a good
reason/prior consent.

3). Run the JRuby QLs using the task at:

http://hudson.sfbay/job/jruby-glassfish-BAT/

GlassFish bundle location needs to be updated and I can take care of that.

Once all the tests pass, the changes need to be committed to v3 workspace.

-Arun

ps: Love the Metro Fi service in Santa Clara, allows me send emails
while my son is taking his swimming class :)