dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Resource Autodeployment

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:22:52 -0500

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Jagadish Prasath Ramu <
Jagadish.Ramu_at_sun.com> wrote:

> We do not have a generic resources backend support. They have been
> individual deployers eg: Jdbc resource deployer, connector resource
> deployer, jndi resource deployer etc., and we would expect these
> resources to be owned by corresponding modules.
> eg: connector-resource, connector-connection-pool implemented/supported
> by connector module.

Hmm. Perhaps my understanding of things isn't quite complete/correct. It
seems to me that a JDBC resource and a JNDI resource are pretty closely
related (in OO-ish terms, a JDBC resource isa JNDI resource), but it sounds
like these are currently split out in different modules. Am I reading that
incorrectly? If I'm not, it would seem like a deployer I've proposed would
be difficult to implement cleanly.

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.