dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: QL is continuously failing!!!

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:15:40 -0400

Hi, Sahoo
> I agree Hudson was not reporting failures correctly, but that's
> because QL script was not generating proper TestNG reports. Kohsuke
> identified the problem and fixed it right away. But, what surprises me
> is that subsequent committers have not even noticed the failures in
> their environment. Let me ask you how you ensure that QL has passed
> when you run it in your environment? Assuming tests were failing for
> a while, hence a second commit won't do any harm is bad, because it
> makes it difficult to rollback the bad check-in.
I did not get the tests in Felix mode to pass in my environment. I
looked at the stack trace which did not seem to relate to my changes, so
I checked out a fresh workspace to ran QL against that, same error. So I
concluded my changes did not cause the failure and those failures are
probably known issues. Looking back, I agree with you that even a change
don't do any harm will hurt the situation. :-(

- Hong