dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: starting two copies of V3 (same ports...)

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:05:40 -0700

Just to clarify, I wasn't starting the same domain twice.

I had two distinct domains (from two distinct server installs, but this
doesn't matter as much) that used the same ports.

The first server instance is fine. The second instance gets
BindExceptions on all the ports (because they are all in use), but the
server is deemed "successfully started". The question is "of what value
is a V3 server instance where Grizzly has failed to start"?

 From the perspective of a web developer, I would argue such an instance
is useless and this Grizzly failure should have been treated as a fatal
condition. I suppose there could be some other developer who can use
the server w/o Grizzly (can't imagine who though). I do know that for
NetBeans, failure of Grizzly means no admin access over HTTP, thus it's
fatal for NetBeans regardless.

-Peter