dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: sniffers used to load an app?

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:05:52 -0700

Sorry, I was on vacation last week, so wasn't able to reply.

Bhakti Mehta wrote:

> >So I need more information. What are you going to do for ejb jars
> that contain web services? Will the ejb sniffer also be taken over
> like this? We will have an EjbWebServicesSniffer though I have not
> worked on it much as need to discuss more with Mahesh about this.
Any more information on this? I would really like to know how this will
be handled (or rather, how it will appear in domain.xml for deployed
applications).

Also, what happens if a jruby app tries to use metro?
> >What about other candidate modules for web services using metro?
> I do not think any other sniffers will be there from our end atleast.
> We should be the ones looking at webservices and doing the needed tasks .
>>
>> Is it safe to say that any add-on module for glassfish v3 can take
>> over the responsibilities of a core sniffer such as web and eliminate
>> it's visibility like this?
> I dont think the app cares which deployer is deploying it as long as
> the deployer can handle it , also I dont think we are hijacking the
> WebDeployer infact that is the one doing the actual work,maybe Jerome
> can add more here
I don't follow your logic here. <web> deployer is removed and replaced
with <webservices>, as far as domain.xml is concerned. So from my
perspective you are definitely hijacking web deployer. I assume your
code is following some sort of delegation scheme under the hood since
obviously the webs work.

I may have to find a new solution to my problem (how to identify an
application in domain.xml).

-Peter