dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: sniffers used to load an app?

From: Bhakti Mehta <Bhakti.Mehta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:03:05 -0700

>So I need more information. What are you going to do for ejb jars
that contain web services? Will the ejb sniffer also be taken over like
this?
We will have an EjbWebServicesSniffer though I have not worked on it
much as need to discuss more with Mahesh about this.
>What about other candidate modules for web services using metro?
I do not think any other sniffers will be there from our end atleast.
We should be the ones looking at webservices and doing the needed tasks .

> Is it safe to say that any add-on module for glassfish v3 can take
> over the responsibilities of a core sniffer such as web and eliminate
> it's visibility like this?
I dont think the app cares which deployer is deploying it as long as the
deployer can handle it , also I dont think we are hijacking the
WebDeployer infact that is the one doing the actual work,maybe Jerome
can add more here
Regards,
Bhakti