dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: missing jruby gem dependencies in shared mode

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:17:47 -0700

Hi Peter,

Are you using GlassFish v2? I guess so.

Peter Hulst wrote:
> Forgive me if this is a very basic question... I've been beating my
> head against the wall with this for about a week now, and haven't been
> able to find anything in the docs/blogs/wikis that helped me resolve
> this issue.
>
> I'm trying to deploy a jruby war file (packaged with warbler) to a
> glassfish server in shared mode.

If it is shared mode, then you would need to use the ant script (ant
create-shared) provided with the JRuby UC module and also package all
the required gems with your application. I dont think ant script does it
for you. This is the limitation of shared mode.

The preferred way should be using warbler. It correctly packages
everything for you.
> My application controller has a dependency on 'json', and I installed
> the json-jruby gem,
> but upon loading any page I just get an error 'no such file to load --
> json'.
>
> Are there any additional steps required to tell glassfish where to
> find the gems (that were installed with jruby -S gem install <name>) ?
If you are using warbler then no extra step is required.
> Or is the only way to get this running by including all gems in the
> war itself?

I think warbler does it for you and since you mention above that you
package your application using warbler then it should have packaged
everything for you.

-vivek.