dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [V3] Is FORM auth-method working in TP2 ?

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:27:01 -0700
Hi Kumar,

Yes,  i have attached a version of  Admin Console that requires login to the bug,  issue# 4620,  please follow my instruction to see the problem we are facing.

thanks
Anissa.

V B Kumar Jayanti wrote:
Anissa Lam wrote:

V B Kumar Jayanti wrote:

sonia liu wrote:

Hi Anissa,

    We have a form authentication test case passed for TP2 with a workaround -- restart domain before accessing protected resources. Otherwise you will always get 403 error. I reported an issue for this #4554

I am working on  Issue #4554.

Anissa : does it work for you after a restart as indicated by sonia ?.

We are talking about the Admin Console.  Restarting the sever means login again resulting in access denied.  So, this work around will not work for us.  The only workaround for us is to avoid authentication.

So how do i reproduce this problem.  Is it the steps given in issue  4620

regards,
kumar

thanks
Anissa

regards,
kumar

Thanks
Sonia
Anissa Lam wrote:

Hi Kumar,

Is FORM authentication working in TP2 ?
I need to turn on authentication in Admin Console,  I am very sure the user name and password is  'admin' and 'adminadmin'.
If i enter a wrong user name or password,   i see the correct INFO logged:

Apr 6, 2008 1:01:17 PM com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.login.LoginContextDriver doPasswordLogin
INFO: java_security.audit_auth_refused

but if i enter the correct user name and password,  it tries to go the welcome page, and then shows 403 error.

HTTP Status 403  - Access to the requested resource has been denied.

*type* Status report
*message*Access to the requested resource has been denied
*description*Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

Is this a known issue in V3 TP2 ?

thanks
Anissa
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@glassfish.dev.java.net