dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [V3] Is FORM auth-method working in TP2 ?

From: Ron Monzillo <Ronald.Monzillo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:33:27 -0400

sonia liu wrote:
> Hi Anissa,
>
> We have a form authentication test case passed for TP2 with a
> workaround -- restart domain before accessing protected resources.
> Otherwise you will always get 403 error. I reported an issue for this #4554

Anissa,

> 1. Install V3 build, start domain
> 2. Checkout SQE workspace
> cvs co appserver-sqe/boostrap.xml
> cd appserver-sqe
> ant -f bootstrap.xml co-security
> 3.set env variables
> AS_HOME <as install dir>
> SPS_HOME <appserver-sqe>
> ANT_HOME
> JAVA_HOME
> 4. cd appserver-sqe/pe/security/webserver/ dir, run command
> ant setup
> 5. cd appserver-sqe/pe/seucrity/webserver/form dir, run command
> ant build deploy runweb
> I always got 403 access denied error.
> I manually tried it using browser, I got the same error.

do any of steps 1-3; have the effect of changing the location or
configuration of the domain that you are trying to deploy into?

I suspect the appserver is still running with the config, prior to your
change. this gets resolved when you restart it.

do you see a message in the server.log that identifies the "domain that
failed? If so, the domain will list the permissions granted to the app.
and the permission check that failed, because it was not granted to the
doamin. This message should help us understand whether the permissions
that are granted are compatible with the domain config.

maybe the test setup has somehow changed or replaced or moved the
server.policy file or the app specific policy file for the adminapp.

Ron