dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] How to get admin password

From: Claudio Miranda <claudio_at_claudius.com.br>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 21:38:32 -0300

    Reading the source code I can understand that the master admin
password, is the password protecting JKS (trustore and keystore)
    If the domain administrator wants to modify the master password,
glassfish needs to modify the JKS password, by invoking the class
IdentityManager and method setMasterPassword, right ?
    Then I ask, if it is reliable to use the
IdentityManager.getMasterPassword() method to open the JKS database.

at v3/common/common-util/
com.sun.enterprise.security.store.IdentityManager.getMasterPassword

thanks

Claudio