dev@glassfish.java.net

OperationNotSupportedException "close() not implemented"

From: Richard Bair <Richard.Bair_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 22:45:19 -0700

I'm trying to get a webapp running on glassfish that uses Turbine/
Velocity/etc. This application is throwing an exception during its
configuration stage due to the fact that
com.sun.enterprise.nameing.NamePairsEnum#close() throws the
OperationNotSupportedException. This is with Glassfish "9.1_01".

Is there any reason why this has to throw an exception? I read the
class documentation for NamingEnumeration in the JNDI 1.2 spec and
don't see a reason why this method couldn't simply be a no-op. I
suspect somebody used code to auto-insert methods to comply with the
1.2 spec, but that's just a guess.

Thanks
Richard